Saturday, April 2, 2011

Art of Interest: Indistinguishable from Magic

Good Lincoln/Evil Lincoln by Aaron Diaz
This awesome artist has plethora of awesome pieces and works, as well as infomation for the learning artists. His name is Aaron Diaz. He is a webcomic artist making a living off his trade. This is his blog which he updates with sketches, tutorials about drawing, and just regular blog gibberish. This is his Flickr which has stuff he has posted on his blog plus more. Here is his comic, Dresdent Codak. Its really inspiring to see his progress as an artist. For example:

"A little chart of my art progression since the start of DC."
But what impressed me the most was this tutorial on character design. The detail and explanation really blew me away. Warning, may be a bit NSFW (AKA not safe for work for those internet illiterate.)

...I think I got all the links I wanted in there.

EDIT: I misattributed the piece of work I had at the top. It was actually Lois van Baarle's work. The DeviantArt I also had posted was her's. Sorry for the confusion.


No comments:

Post a Comment