Friday, June 17, 2011

The Research Project

I have been working for a professor for the past six-ish weeks. He does quark simulations and visualizations which is then used as a starting point for all physical experiments in the subject. It is very interesting stuff but that isn't what I was doing for him. I was making this:


I did pretty much everything from this project. Starting from the beginning:
-Eye is stock footage. 
-Cellular level was a ton of 3D models I made then ported into After Effects.
-Chromosomes were the same deal.
-The unwinding sequence is my favorite and was done almost entirely in 3DS Max.
-The molecules are actually fairly accurate models of one of the compositions of DNA, although I can't quite remember which one.
-Atoms were entirely done in After Effects. Shout out to David Johnson for that one.
-Final three sections before the eye are actual quark visualizations that my professor created.
-Same eye footage.
-Credits. I'm the "video developer" because I really didn't know how to credit myself.
So those are the pieces but I still composed it with the zoom sequences as well as edited the music to fit the video. It was a terribly crazy six weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment