Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Keeping to My Blog Name

ArtisticSponge. I chose that name because I have a tendency to copy others art styles. I think I just become infatuated with their work and wish their style belonged to me. But on a less selfish note, I use them to practice. What is that quote again?
Good artists copy. Great artists steal. --- Pablo Picasso
Today's infatuation is Aoshima Chiho. She incorporates almost all unsettling yet peaceful landscapes with a haunting child-like face. I took a liking to We like the night, a cityscape using the same visage. I tried capturing one of her buildings and using some of the same techniques of multimedia art but in digital form.
Aoshima Sponge
Photoshop
I definitely hit the outline with a heavy hand but I'm happy with the false watercolor effect I achieved. I like this sort of practice, so maybe I will do more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment