Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I'M BACK!

Wow, came back to the blog and everything is covered with dust. It even looks like I got...10 or so views in my absence. Did you miss me?

Anyways, let's recap what I was up to the last couple of weeks:

1. Finals
Yes, the thing everyone loves about college. They went fairly well last quarter, thanks for asking.

2. New York trip
It was a family vacation. A ton of fun although it would have been better if my girlfriend had been able to join us. We saw two Broadway shows, at dessert for dinner three times, walked around all of southern Manhattan, went to a trapeze school, and shopped for an anniversary gift.

3. Applying to a big internship
I applied to a little place called Sony Pictures Imageworks. They've worked on a few movies you may have heard of. My advisor seems optimistic about my chances but I remain a bit skeptical. For the application I had to write, fill-out, and collect plenty of things but the biggest by far was creating a showreel highlighting this years work. I'm going to post it at the bottom.

4. New quarter at DePaul
Yay! New classes! This time I have Figure Drawing (Awesome!), Japanese (Probably my last quarter...), a maxscripting course (No need going into detail now.), and a course where I'm writing my own graphics engine in C++ (Scariest class).

5. Other less grandiose things.
Just daily hoo-ha.

So yep. I'll try to get back into the daily update schedule but after such a long break I have to say it's going to be difficult. Stick with me while I get the ball rolling again.

And...Here's the Showreel. Find your opinions, then give them to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment